Alcohol & Benzos—Withdrawal That Might Kill You
Many people are surprised to learn that in most cases withdraw from opiates, cocaine, meth, and ecstasy are not fatal and do not require a medical detox.
There are two drugs that require professional medical help when withdrawing from as withdrawal symptoms can become life-threatening.
- Alcohol and
According to the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, alcohol is the most widely abused psychoactive and addictive substance in the United States. More than 17 million adults suffer from an alcohol-use disorder according to (NCAAD). Withdraw symptoms can be life-threatening. Delirium Tremens (DTs) is the most significant form of alcohol withdrawal.
Benzodiazepines (benzos) are sedatives and tranquilizers like Valium (Diazepam), Ativan (Lorazepam) Klonopin (Clonazepam) and Xanax (Alprazolam).
These medications are usually prescribed to help people with anxiety or to sleep, however, these drugs can produce a high and a level of intoxication similar to alcohol abuse.
Like withdraw from alcohol, benzos withdrawal is caused by the brain trying to regain balance after functions of the central nervous system have been suppressed.
Symptoms may include:
- Heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature increase.
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Irregular heart rate
Getting off of drugs or alcohol can be difficult because detoxing can cause withdrawal symptoms that are difficult to overcome without the proper help. If you are physically dependent on drugs or alcohol Narconon Ojai is here to help.
Our facility, located in Ojai California, is the premier Narconon center which is tailored to meet the needs of personalized care. Here are some features of our property:
- Maximum of 6 students at a time making it private and personalized care.
- Chefs that cook organic meals, three times a day with prepared foods that accommodate all dietary needs
- 20,000 Sq Ft property, overlooking 40 acres of open mountainous land for a panoramic view of Ventura County.
- One-on-one care and attention from technical and administrative staff for students needs.
- A distraction-free environment to remove all barriers to students getting through the trials of addiction.