A Unique Approach to Drug Rehabilitation
Deep down, every addict wants to leave addiction behind and get off drugs for good. Many people who arrive at a Narconon center state they don’t want to be considered an addict for life, living each day fighting the urge to use again. They are looking for a way out of the trap—once and for all.
The Narconon program is unique in that we don’t consider addiction a chronic disease, where a person is expected to relapse time and again. We believe that full recovery is possible and you can leave your addiction behind.
There are several elements that tend to trigger relapse and keep a person going back to drugs again and again.
- Drug residues remaining the body tissue can affect a person for years after they cease taking drugs. They can kick back into the system which can lead to cravings for the drug again.
- A person can be heavily stuck in the past, particularly past times when they were high.
- Associating with people who don’t have one’s best interests at heart or are actually against someone being sober and drug-free.
- The nagging guilt over past transgressions against others.
When these factors are addressed, a person can then move forward in life and leave their addiction behind.
The Narconon program takes all of these factors into account and includes the following:
- A nutritional based approach to help rebuild a person physically as they withdraw from drugs.
- The New Life Detoxification program
- Exercises that help bring a person’s attention off that past and into the present
- Life skills training to help uncover and resolve the reasons they started using drugs
- Repair of relationships that have been damaged due to their drug use.
The New Life Detoxification program is a regimen that is exclusive to Narconon centers. This program is a combination of exercise, sweating in a dry-heat sauna and a carefully monitored regimen of hydration and nutrition. The procedures break up and flush out the toxic residues that remain in the body—resulting in a healthy and shiny new outlook on life. This alone puts one firmly on the road to full rehabilitation.
So yes, it is possible to live a drug-free life. It is possible to live your life without constantly thinking about drugs or alcohol, or how you’re going to make it through another day. Thousands of Narconon graduates around the world demonstrate this every day.
“I had been to other conventional rehabs before, you know, the ones that, ‘Once an addict, always an addict.’ I wanted something different and I believe what Narconon was offering was completely different. And so I came here, gave it a try and well, I been clean for three years.” Don S.
“Going through the sauna process for thirty-two days made me feel like I had been sober for two years. I’m able to think clearly. And I don’t think about drugs anymore.” David
“I’m fortunate to say that Narconon was my first and last rehab program.” Cherie D.